Skip to main content

The difference between Furries and Pet Players

I've had to address this topic a few times in the last week so I thought I'd put this out there for everyone. :) Please be aware, I'm totally happy speaking about both of these things to anyone, feel free to approach me and ask questions!

Now, I identify as both a furry and a pet player. I've found that the easiest way to describe the difference to people who are unsure of the difference is the following.

Being a furry is being part of a fandom, a group of people who enjoy anthropomorphic animals (animal people, if you will). Sure there are some people that have fursuits and go to conventions and draw furry porn. I want a fursuit, I'd love to go to a con when I've got the time and I draw a lot of furry artwork and some of it is porn. I generally equate being part of the furry fandom as being part of any other fandom, like trekkies, or cosplayers, etc. You're part of a group of people that enjoy a general theme. Some people sexualize it, some people fetishize it, some people just enjoy disney movies like Robin Hood.

Being a furry for me is about identifying with an animal and enjoying its attributes. It's not a sexual thing for me personally. I identify as a coydog (coyote dog mix), it seems to suite my personality.
Petplay is more of a fetish. It can be sexualized or not.

For me, pet play and pony play isn't really a sexual thing. I don't want to be fucked as pony or a puppy, I just like the dehumanizing factor of it.

A lot of furries are pet players and there is a lot of overlap.

Comments

  1. I'm involved in the furry fandom -- as an artist, too -- and I confess that I've never heard of pet play. Apparently I'm not that involved in the fandom. :-|

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have returned!

Quick post just to update everyone that I am back from the Godless Gathering PA.0. I survived and had an incredible time.  Met some fantastic people that I'm sad I only get to see once or twice a year.  It was pretty successful. The video footage will be uploaded later.  It will be uploaded to my original youTube channel, and then mirrored at the EroticWetAtomic youTube channel. Also, I have a twitter that I might annoyingly update sometimes; #eroticwetatomic. Just editing the post to announce that the video footage has been uploaded to YouTube under EroticWetAtomic (this attached channel) and FineLineFalling, my regular "G" rated channel. 

A Note on the Importance of Communication in Relationships

As someone in a poly relationship, i hear all the time about how important communication and honesty is. It's beaten into our heads over and over again. "Problem? Talk about it." Sure, it makes sense, it's logical, it's what people should do. So then, why do people have such a hard time being honest? I'm going to say this very plainly. The truth is always better than a lie. As far as i'm concerned anyway. Just be honest, especially with your friends. This isn't always about romantic relationships, poly or otherwise. Friendships, play partnerships, they're all types of relationships. Don't want to hang out? Awesome. Say so. Don't make excuses. I get that people are busy, or have things to do, or are feeling not too social that day. Don't want to fuck? Awesome. Say so. Don't leave me wondering if i'm some sort of sexual predator because you say that you want to get intimate and because I trust you, I believe y...

KateHarding.net's "Guest Blogger Starling: Schrödinger’s Rapist: or a guy’s guide to approaching strange women without being maced"

I found this article some months ago and was recently reintroduced to it. My last entry had to do with women related things, let's focus on what goes on inside the brains of us very lovey ladies and woman-identified peoples.  The full original article can be found here on KateHarding.net and I recommend every single person that comes to my blog go over there and read it (or read excerpts here). Gentlemen. Thank you for reading. Let me start out by assuring you that I understand you are a good sort of person. You are kind to children and animals. You respect the elderly. You donate to charity. You tell jokes without laughing at your own punchlines. You respect women. You like women. In fact, you would really like to have a mutually respectful and loving sexual relationship with a woman. Unfortunately, you don’t yet know that woman—she isn’t working with you, nor have you been introduced through mutual friends or drawn to the same activities. So you must look fur...