Skip to main content

On Names, the past and the future.

I'd like to be called Wren from now on.

Wren, pronounced Ren.
I know this seems like it's been coming out of nowhere, but in reality, I've been struggling with names for a long time. My old name, indey, just doesn't sit with me anymore. Hearing it sometimes hurts, and sometimes doesn't. And not knowing if it will fall wrong on my ears when someone I care about says it, is actually worse for me than knowing I don't like it. That is why I felt the need to change.
The name indey has a lot of mental baggage associated with. Baggage that makes the name cumbersome and uncomfortable. I twinge when I hear it, even if you don't see me do it on the outside.
Indey used to be my puppy name, short for Indiana. Where Kamm was from. It's a name that I decided to use as my scene name shortly after I got involved in the public community. There are a number of exes who call me by that name, when or if they still even talk to me. For a number of reasons, I just want to make it go away.
I can't express my appreciation enough for those of you who have been privy to my name struggles and who have put up with those attempted changes before. An awesome roommate, a great friend who has been down to visit recently, and a lovely leopard come to mind specifically.
So if you could, make a little mental note. Change the name you have me under in your phone, or on your email. I will politely offer correction if someone calls me the wrong name, it's bound to happen.
A wren is a bird. There are several species common in North America and there are some beautiful examples in Australia, especially. I love birds and identify strongly with them.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Sincerely,
Wren.

Comments


  1. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have returned!

Quick post just to update everyone that I am back from the Godless Gathering PA.0. I survived and had an incredible time.  Met some fantastic people that I'm sad I only get to see once or twice a year.  It was pretty successful. The video footage will be uploaded later.  It will be uploaded to my original youTube channel, and then mirrored at the EroticWetAtomic youTube channel. Also, I have a twitter that I might annoyingly update sometimes; #eroticwetatomic. Just editing the post to announce that the video footage has been uploaded to YouTube under EroticWetAtomic (this attached channel) and FineLineFalling, my regular "G" rated channel. 

A Note on the Importance of Communication in Relationships

As someone in a poly relationship, i hear all the time about how important communication and honesty is. It's beaten into our heads over and over again. "Problem? Talk about it." Sure, it makes sense, it's logical, it's what people should do. So then, why do people have such a hard time being honest? I'm going to say this very plainly. The truth is always better than a lie. As far as i'm concerned anyway. Just be honest, especially with your friends. This isn't always about romantic relationships, poly or otherwise. Friendships, play partnerships, they're all types of relationships. Don't want to hang out? Awesome. Say so. Don't make excuses. I get that people are busy, or have things to do, or are feeling not too social that day. Don't want to fuck? Awesome. Say so. Don't leave me wondering if i'm some sort of sexual predator because you say that you want to get intimate and because I trust you, I believe y...

KateHarding.net's "Guest Blogger Starling: Schrödinger’s Rapist: or a guy’s guide to approaching strange women without being maced"

I found this article some months ago and was recently reintroduced to it. My last entry had to do with women related things, let's focus on what goes on inside the brains of us very lovey ladies and woman-identified peoples.  The full original article can be found here on KateHarding.net and I recommend every single person that comes to my blog go over there and read it (or read excerpts here). Gentlemen. Thank you for reading. Let me start out by assuring you that I understand you are a good sort of person. You are kind to children and animals. You respect the elderly. You donate to charity. You tell jokes without laughing at your own punchlines. You respect women. You like women. In fact, you would really like to have a mutually respectful and loving sexual relationship with a woman. Unfortunately, you don’t yet know that woman—she isn’t working with you, nor have you been introduced through mutual friends or drawn to the same activities. So you must look fur...