Skip to main content

PSA: Don't spank me.

I'm generally pretty good about dictating or negotiation my regular interactions with others. Sometimes I'm huggy, sometimes I'm not. Sometimes I prefer a handshake, sometimes I want a kiss. I communicate these needs if you're someone I routinely interact with related to them.
Close friends I'm generally ok with being hugged by. I will let you know if this is not the case (like if I've got a busted rib or other injury). Or if I just don't want to be glomped when arriving at an event.
I don't like to be touched intimately by people I don't know well. It's not you, it's just how I am. 
I'm generally very ok with these interactions but there is one thing I need to speak up about because I say something about it over and over again.
Spanking me is a hard limit. I don't like spanking. I can't process spanking. For the love of whatever god is your homeboy, DO NOT SPANK ME OUTSIDE OF A SCENE. 
Don't spank me when I'm on a train. Or on a plane. Or in a car or at the bar. Don't spank me. When I'm bending over to change, or get something out of my bag. Don't spank me. 
Don't spank me or hit my ass unless you approach my face and go "indey//Jayne, I'd like to spank you, is that alright?" and then I verbally tell you "Yes (person) I would like you to spank me."
If the above has not happened 
THEN DON'T SPANK ME. 
This isn't difficult. I'm getting tired of people making assumptions about me and my body and my space. Even if we have some kind of ongoing/implied consent, don't do it. 
I don't care what kind of play I do, or how "hard" of a bottom I am. Or how much I ID as a masochist and love pain. DON'T SPANK ME. I understand that a lot of people see a friendly butt patt as a greeting, or an expression of humor, or whatever, but it is not that for me. Don't do it. 
Spanking is a soft limit for me inside of scenes. I negotiate spanking if it is a thing we will do. No talk about spanking means no spanking.
So, to nutshell this bitch, if you're sneeking up behind me thinking it would be a great interaction with me to grab or smack my bum and then run off giggling or trill, don't. You damage your interaction with me every time you do this. I am not going to simply allow this gross violation of my personal space, body and boundaries. This community is built on consent. Go fucking get some.
This is my plea to you, my community. My friends. My acquaintances. My strangers. My partners. My lovers. Please allow me to feel safe in spaces and around you and interact with you.  
#micdrop 
This post has been inspired by @MabMadder because if she can own her shit, than so can I. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have returned!

Quick post just to update everyone that I am back from the Godless Gathering PA.0. I survived and had an incredible time.  Met some fantastic people that I'm sad I only get to see once or twice a year.  It was pretty successful. The video footage will be uploaded later.  It will be uploaded to my original youTube channel, and then mirrored at the EroticWetAtomic youTube channel. Also, I have a twitter that I might annoyingly update sometimes; #eroticwetatomic. Just editing the post to announce that the video footage has been uploaded to YouTube under EroticWetAtomic (this attached channel) and FineLineFalling, my regular "G" rated channel. 

A Note on the Importance of Communication in Relationships

As someone in a poly relationship, i hear all the time about how important communication and honesty is. It's beaten into our heads over and over again. "Problem? Talk about it." Sure, it makes sense, it's logical, it's what people should do. So then, why do people have such a hard time being honest? I'm going to say this very plainly. The truth is always better than a lie. As far as i'm concerned anyway. Just be honest, especially with your friends. This isn't always about romantic relationships, poly or otherwise. Friendships, play partnerships, they're all types of relationships. Don't want to hang out? Awesome. Say so. Don't make excuses. I get that people are busy, or have things to do, or are feeling not too social that day. Don't want to fuck? Awesome. Say so. Don't leave me wondering if i'm some sort of sexual predator because you say that you want to get intimate and because I trust you, I believe y...

KateHarding.net's "Guest Blogger Starling: Schrödinger’s Rapist: or a guy’s guide to approaching strange women without being maced"

I found this article some months ago and was recently reintroduced to it. My last entry had to do with women related things, let's focus on what goes on inside the brains of us very lovey ladies and woman-identified peoples.  The full original article can be found here on KateHarding.net and I recommend every single person that comes to my blog go over there and read it (or read excerpts here). Gentlemen. Thank you for reading. Let me start out by assuring you that I understand you are a good sort of person. You are kind to children and animals. You respect the elderly. You donate to charity. You tell jokes without laughing at your own punchlines. You respect women. You like women. In fact, you would really like to have a mutually respectful and loving sexual relationship with a woman. Unfortunately, you don’t yet know that woman—she isn’t working with you, nor have you been introduced through mutual friends or drawn to the same activities. So you must look fur...