Skip to main content

50 Shades of Shut the Fuck Up

I'll preface this by saying i have NOT read any of the books in the 50 Shades of Grey series.

One more time. I have NOT read these books and while i did make what was an honest metal attempt to fit it into my schedule it is not going to happen. I am not an emotional masochist.

50SOG does is not a book about BDSM, sorry to break it to you. It is Twilight fan-fiction. I have read most of the books in the Twilight series, because there just isn't a lot of quality werewolf shit around these days. They were also not something i would consider "good" writing. Sorry Twilight fans.

50SOG is a book that describes a horribly dysfunctional "BDSM type" relationship. It goes on to talk about how people who are into these kinds of things must have been damaged at some point or another because "normal" people aren't into this sort of shit. The girl feels like she can "fix" the boy of his horrible ways. THIS IS NOT HOW RELATOINSHIPS WORK.

If you're new to BDSM or you're a hot housewife thinking about getting into it, find some good useful resources that won't damage you before you begin. It's nice that 50SOG has the average person talking about BDSM, but it will not be helpful if it starts causing more problems in the long run. I may eventually pick up the books, but i really have no need. I'm involved in the legitimate lifestyle. I'm not sitting around possibly harming people by tying them up with cotton clothing line... I wish i could convey the noises i was making into text. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK may suffice.

Safety. Trust. Consent. Awareness. Education. Those are what BDSM is about. LEARN from legitimate resources. Don't use 50SOG as a resource for anything other than maybe a thing to rub a couple out to.

Edit: I'm not crazy.  Clinical psychologist agree 50SOG is bad for BDSM. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have returned!

Quick post just to update everyone that I am back from the Godless Gathering PA.0. I survived and had an incredible time.  Met some fantastic people that I'm sad I only get to see once or twice a year.  It was pretty successful. The video footage will be uploaded later.  It will be uploaded to my original youTube channel, and then mirrored at the EroticWetAtomic youTube channel. Also, I have a twitter that I might annoyingly update sometimes; #eroticwetatomic. Just editing the post to announce that the video footage has been uploaded to YouTube under EroticWetAtomic (this attached channel) and FineLineFalling, my regular "G" rated channel. 

A Note on the Importance of Communication in Relationships

As someone in a poly relationship, i hear all the time about how important communication and honesty is. It's beaten into our heads over and over again. "Problem? Talk about it." Sure, it makes sense, it's logical, it's what people should do. So then, why do people have such a hard time being honest? I'm going to say this very plainly. The truth is always better than a lie. As far as i'm concerned anyway. Just be honest, especially with your friends. This isn't always about romantic relationships, poly or otherwise. Friendships, play partnerships, they're all types of relationships. Don't want to hang out? Awesome. Say so. Don't make excuses. I get that people are busy, or have things to do, or are feeling not too social that day. Don't want to fuck? Awesome. Say so. Don't leave me wondering if i'm some sort of sexual predator because you say that you want to get intimate and because I trust you, I believe y...

KateHarding.net's "Guest Blogger Starling: Schrödinger’s Rapist: or a guy’s guide to approaching strange women without being maced"

I found this article some months ago and was recently reintroduced to it. My last entry had to do with women related things, let's focus on what goes on inside the brains of us very lovey ladies and woman-identified peoples.  The full original article can be found here on KateHarding.net and I recommend every single person that comes to my blog go over there and read it (or read excerpts here). Gentlemen. Thank you for reading. Let me start out by assuring you that I understand you are a good sort of person. You are kind to children and animals. You respect the elderly. You donate to charity. You tell jokes without laughing at your own punchlines. You respect women. You like women. In fact, you would really like to have a mutually respectful and loving sexual relationship with a woman. Unfortunately, you don’t yet know that woman—she isn’t working with you, nor have you been introduced through mutual friends or drawn to the same activities. So you must look fur...