Skip to main content

What The Fuck Insurance?

So, went to the lady doctor (OB/GYN) for a follow up yearly. Last year my insurance changed for the better, all my STI screening was included, they said. I ran everything in February the last time i was there. Today, i went to have them screen everything again so i could get my 2x yearly STI screening to keep me and my sexual partners safe. Like any responsible non-monogmous person would. Dr. comes back into the office and informs me that my insurance will not cover STI screening blood work more than 1x in a 12 month period, but if i were experiencing symptoms of anything, then they would cover it. As i was not symptomatic for anything, they couldn't "fudge" it. Though since my GYN kicks ass she can write off Chlamydia and Gonorrhea in the coding for a routine pap smear anyway. But that's only two infections. What about ALL THE OTHERS? Do insurance companies not how how STI's work? Are they magically not informed that a vast majority of people are ASYMPTOMATIC for a lot of common treatable STI's and that is why they can be a problem in the first place? Are they not aware yearly testing doesn't cover things fast enough that have 3-6 month incubation periods? Are they aware people have more than one sexual partner? Are they aware that condoms don't protect against everything? Insurance companies. You are not in the business of utilizing preventative medicine. You are in the business of fucking people.

Comments

  1. That's some seriously fucked up shit.

    Down here in Florida the County Health Services offices offer free or severely reduced priced screenings. Maybe look into the equivalent up there?

    Best of luck.

    Stay SINful
    Mr. AP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I have returned!

Quick post just to update everyone that I am back from the Godless Gathering PA.0. I survived and had an incredible time.  Met some fantastic people that I'm sad I only get to see once or twice a year.  It was pretty successful. The video footage will be uploaded later.  It will be uploaded to my original youTube channel, and then mirrored at the EroticWetAtomic youTube channel. Also, I have a twitter that I might annoyingly update sometimes; #eroticwetatomic. Just editing the post to announce that the video footage has been uploaded to YouTube under EroticWetAtomic (this attached channel) and FineLineFalling, my regular "G" rated channel. 

A Note on the Importance of Communication in Relationships

As someone in a poly relationship, i hear all the time about how important communication and honesty is. It's beaten into our heads over and over again. "Problem? Talk about it." Sure, it makes sense, it's logical, it's what people should do. So then, why do people have such a hard time being honest? I'm going to say this very plainly. The truth is always better than a lie. As far as i'm concerned anyway. Just be honest, especially with your friends. This isn't always about romantic relationships, poly or otherwise. Friendships, play partnerships, they're all types of relationships. Don't want to hang out? Awesome. Say so. Don't make excuses. I get that people are busy, or have things to do, or are feeling not too social that day. Don't want to fuck? Awesome. Say so. Don't leave me wondering if i'm some sort of sexual predator because you say that you want to get intimate and because I trust you, I believe y...

KateHarding.net's "Guest Blogger Starling: Schrödinger’s Rapist: or a guy’s guide to approaching strange women without being maced"

I found this article some months ago and was recently reintroduced to it. My last entry had to do with women related things, let's focus on what goes on inside the brains of us very lovey ladies and woman-identified peoples.  The full original article can be found here on KateHarding.net and I recommend every single person that comes to my blog go over there and read it (or read excerpts here). Gentlemen. Thank you for reading. Let me start out by assuring you that I understand you are a good sort of person. You are kind to children and animals. You respect the elderly. You donate to charity. You tell jokes without laughing at your own punchlines. You respect women. You like women. In fact, you would really like to have a mutually respectful and loving sexual relationship with a woman. Unfortunately, you don’t yet know that woman—she isn’t working with you, nor have you been introduced through mutual friends or drawn to the same activities. So you must look fur...