Skip to main content

My Patronus is a Jaguar, but my Soul is a Dog.

The jaguar is an animal of great power and meaning to me, my guardian. That is why the jaguar is my Patronus. But when I close my eyes and look inside, there is a dog. The dog is the embodiment of who I am, what I am. It's always been that way. The dog is my loyalty, my joy, my fear, my submission. It ties into every aspect of my being, it's the way I make sense of my world.

I've been wanting to write about submission and 'what it is' to me for a long time, but I've never been able to find the right words. With the dog analogy, it finally started to make sense.

I have never seen myself as a slave. The biggest reason I don't identify as a slave is because at the end of the day, slaves are still human. I identify as property. What is property in the eye of the law? Animals... dogs. Dogs are property. The Owner/canine relationship really appeals to me in a way that is entirely separate from puppy play. My submission doesn't involve pretending to be a dog, the dog is already there. Puppy play is a fun side project that I enjoy, but it is an entirely different animal than submission. [Haaaaaaa].

My submission is the submission of a dog. There is little more appealing than being in the warm, loving home of my [imagined] owner. Sitting at his feet, my head on his knee, eyes closed in quiet contemplation, my immersion in everything that is him. His collar closed around my neck. Trained. Expected to serve. To learn. To assist. I identify heavily as a service dog, and that is another way my service side manifests. I want to help, anticipatory service means a great deal to me.

My own dog has taught me a lot. My dog is a Beauceron, a French Shepherd. Like German Shepherds, they are aloof to strangers and develop intense bonds with their trainers or owners. This is one of the characteristics I wanted in my personal companion. My dog could not give two shits about random people he meets out on the street. It isn't until he develops a relationship with someone that he actually cares and wants to interact and seems happy. That is how I am, and as an ambivert, how I've always been. It just took my own dog to show me.

But my dog, the one inside, is a stray, not a pampered pet. My dog doesn't trust easily, or sometimes at all. She hasn't been abused, but she has been though a lot and has a long memory. Cagey, skeptical, cautious. She will allow you to get close and at the last minute bolt. Over and over again sometimes. Or approach, but with caution, that light-on-the-feet but still ready to spring, neck out stretched, ears up, eyes boring into you. Maybe she will take what you have to offer. Maybe she will eventually relax and stay with you for a while but at the end of the day she still runs because that's all she knows how to do. Run dog, run.

She doesn't know if she can relax enough to let you be in charge. She's been doing her own thing for so long. If you don't feed her, she can get food herself.  She's been doing it for years. Scrounging, dumpsters, trash. Occasionally the meal lovingly looked by someone she adores, delicious and steaming. At the end of the day she's still outside under the moon. It's a beautiful place, even in the rain but not what she longs for.

It's taken years for some people to get through. But when someone takes the time to break through the barriers, and the distrust and the snarling maw at the end of a catch pole, they have gained a fiercely loyal friend.

And so I sit, good dog.
Waiting, good dog.
Watching, good dog.
Hoping one day to find the person whose love is right.
Whose soul is light.
Who will help me write...
Their collar will mean I have a home again and I can come off the streets to a warm bed and a soft voice and know it is all my choice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have returned!

Quick post just to update everyone that I am back from the Godless Gathering PA.0. I survived and had an incredible time.  Met some fantastic people that I'm sad I only get to see once or twice a year.  It was pretty successful. The video footage will be uploaded later.  It will be uploaded to my original youTube channel, and then mirrored at the EroticWetAtomic youTube channel. Also, I have a twitter that I might annoyingly update sometimes; #eroticwetatomic. Just editing the post to announce that the video footage has been uploaded to YouTube under EroticWetAtomic (this attached channel) and FineLineFalling, my regular "G" rated channel. 

A Note on the Importance of Communication in Relationships

As someone in a poly relationship, i hear all the time about how important communication and honesty is. It's beaten into our heads over and over again. "Problem? Talk about it." Sure, it makes sense, it's logical, it's what people should do. So then, why do people have such a hard time being honest? I'm going to say this very plainly. The truth is always better than a lie. As far as i'm concerned anyway. Just be honest, especially with your friends. This isn't always about romantic relationships, poly or otherwise. Friendships, play partnerships, they're all types of relationships. Don't want to hang out? Awesome. Say so. Don't make excuses. I get that people are busy, or have things to do, or are feeling not too social that day. Don't want to fuck? Awesome. Say so. Don't leave me wondering if i'm some sort of sexual predator because you say that you want to get intimate and because I trust you, I believe y...

KateHarding.net's "Guest Blogger Starling: Schrödinger’s Rapist: or a guy’s guide to approaching strange women without being maced"

I found this article some months ago and was recently reintroduced to it. My last entry had to do with women related things, let's focus on what goes on inside the brains of us very lovey ladies and woman-identified peoples.  The full original article can be found here on KateHarding.net and I recommend every single person that comes to my blog go over there and read it (or read excerpts here). Gentlemen. Thank you for reading. Let me start out by assuring you that I understand you are a good sort of person. You are kind to children and animals. You respect the elderly. You donate to charity. You tell jokes without laughing at your own punchlines. You respect women. You like women. In fact, you would really like to have a mutually respectful and loving sexual relationship with a woman. Unfortunately, you don’t yet know that woman—she isn’t working with you, nor have you been introduced through mutual friends or drawn to the same activities. So you must look fur...