Skip to main content

Humble Beginnings (how I started swinging)

I remember when I first heard the term "swinger" I was so repulsed that I didn't talk about it for a while. I imagined a bunch of old people in a room with some awesome 70s decorum getting it on on various pieces of furniture on a maroon shag rug (oh, and don't forget the pimp hats). I can't tell you why I thought this, it just made sense to me at the time.

Luckily, I have an extremely patient partner in D and he was willing to wait for me to come around to discussing the idea on my own. We made a profile on swing life style just to see who was on the website and who these people were. Once I did, I realized that normal everyday people swing. People my age, people younger, older, couples, married couples, straight people, gay people, bisexual people,TS, cross dressers, maybe even some hamsters.

It took D and I a year to actually meet a couple face to face. Our first couple encounter scared the crap out of me (and more on that in a future entry), but the second couple we met were fantastic, and even though we never ended up getting freaky with them, they were a great introduction to the life style. They were laid back and never pushy about what they wanted and never pressured us into anything. I wish everyone could have this kind of into to the life style.

Before we even met anyone, or thought about meeting anyone, we talked about bringing other people to bed and extensively about rules and guidelines and limits. Of the two of us, I was the slower swinger (and I really still am, believe it or not, PROTIP: always go at the pace of the slower partner. You never want to force anyone into something they'd be uncomfortable with). We originally started as swingers, swinging together with same room only stuff because it was something we wanted to experience together.

And now we're both comfortable and have lots and lots of fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have returned!

Quick post just to update everyone that I am back from the Godless Gathering PA.0. I survived and had an incredible time.  Met some fantastic people that I'm sad I only get to see once or twice a year.  It was pretty successful. The video footage will be uploaded later.  It will be uploaded to my original youTube channel, and then mirrored at the EroticWetAtomic youTube channel. Also, I have a twitter that I might annoyingly update sometimes; #eroticwetatomic. Just editing the post to announce that the video footage has been uploaded to YouTube under EroticWetAtomic (this attached channel) and FineLineFalling, my regular "G" rated channel. 

A Note on the Importance of Communication in Relationships

As someone in a poly relationship, i hear all the time about how important communication and honesty is. It's beaten into our heads over and over again. "Problem? Talk about it." Sure, it makes sense, it's logical, it's what people should do. So then, why do people have such a hard time being honest? I'm going to say this very plainly. The truth is always better than a lie. As far as i'm concerned anyway. Just be honest, especially with your friends. This isn't always about romantic relationships, poly or otherwise. Friendships, play partnerships, they're all types of relationships. Don't want to hang out? Awesome. Say so. Don't make excuses. I get that people are busy, or have things to do, or are feeling not too social that day. Don't want to fuck? Awesome. Say so. Don't leave me wondering if i'm some sort of sexual predator because you say that you want to get intimate and because I trust you, I believe y...

KateHarding.net's "Guest Blogger Starling: Schrödinger’s Rapist: or a guy’s guide to approaching strange women without being maced"

I found this article some months ago and was recently reintroduced to it. My last entry had to do with women related things, let's focus on what goes on inside the brains of us very lovey ladies and woman-identified peoples.  The full original article can be found here on KateHarding.net and I recommend every single person that comes to my blog go over there and read it (or read excerpts here). Gentlemen. Thank you for reading. Let me start out by assuring you that I understand you are a good sort of person. You are kind to children and animals. You respect the elderly. You donate to charity. You tell jokes without laughing at your own punchlines. You respect women. You like women. In fact, you would really like to have a mutually respectful and loving sexual relationship with a woman. Unfortunately, you don’t yet know that woman—she isn’t working with you, nor have you been introduced through mutual friends or drawn to the same activities. So you must look fur...